Spending Your Morning at the Local News Station

Fox 5 WTTG New StationIt has been a wild week in Washington DC.  First there was the Oprah Show, then it was all of the excitement around the Inauguration and the week ended in the Fox 5 TV station for a taping.  How much excitement can one simple girl from the suburbs take?

I'm waiting to see how the taping comes out.  It has gone to editing and should be available next week.  If it isn't to embarrassing I'll put a link to it on my blog.  What I did learn is that the Fox 5 news set is smaller than it looks on TV but certainly high tech.  The green screen is really green, the crew terrific and that you should not be in the middle of a photo shoot when a chef arrives with live lobsters for the cooking segment.

Fox 5 WTTG Cindy Jones on SetThere is no doubt that I am not interested in spending much time in front of a camera but it does seem to keep happening.  Any chance I could get a double to stand in for me?

This blogging thing creates more work than I ever expected.  Just another week in the life of a Northern Virginia Realtor®!

Cindy Jones/Associate Broker
RE/MAX Allegiance
703-346-2213
Specializing in the I-95 Corridor & Military Relocations to the Pentagon, Fort Belvoir and Quantico

Comment balloon 25 commentsCindy Jones • January 22 2009 04:23PM

Comments

Ah!  The sweet taste of adventure.

Great publicity.  Good luck.  TV works.

Posted by Lenn Harley, Real Estate Broker - Virginia & Maryland (Lenn Harley, Homefinders.com, MD & VA Homes and Real Estate) over 9 years ago

Wow.  You mean to say I can go around telling people I've met a real live TV star?!  You go, girl!

Posted by Ken Montville, The MD Suburbs of DC (RE/MAX United Real Estate) over 9 years ago

Lenn-there is always an adventure in real estate :-)

Posted by Cindy Jones, Pentagon, Fort Belvoir & Quantico Real Estate News (Integrity Real Estate Group) over 9 years ago

Ken-well at least a taped one :-)

Cindy Jones-Northern Virginia Real Estate & Military Relocation Services-That is great. Being on a TV set. If I want a interview from you,you are not going to brush me off or anything like that now since you are now big time? LOL. Congratulations to you Cindy. Hope you get more leads and sales from your exposure. Have a great weekend. Great post.

Posted by Lanre-"THE REAL ESTATE FARMER" Folayan, I don't make promises.I deliver results.SOLD HOMES (Keller Williams Select Realtors-Buy a home in Washington DC. Sell a home in Washington DC) over 9 years ago

Lanre-I'm just an ordinary gal from the burbs living a life of obscurity :-)  Sometimes a little something different drops into our lives and we just get to go with it.

Congratulations to you Cindy!

Posted by Shameca Tankerson (Wealth Builder's Network, Inc.) over 9 years ago

Thanks Shameca!

Cindy, congrats on your recent TV opportunities! It will pay off for you over time.

At the very least it gives you some cool 'war stories' about real estate.

Posted by Lara O'Keefe (North Texas Home Finders) over 9 years ago

Lara-it also reminds me that time has passed and I'm not as young as I think I am :-)

Cindy, I sure hope your represented us well.  I am tired of self serving realtors who sacrifice the reputation of the industry to promote themselves.  An example of this I saw last year when a realtor, on some news show, talked about how other realtors rip people off.  Boy, that got me steamed!

I am sure you didn't trash the industry.  I will be looking forward to seeing you on the screen making all of us look good.

Posted by Brien Berard, Maryland Real Estate Agents - Laurel Real Estate (Remax Professionals Laurel MD) over 9 years ago

Brien-you can be assured that I have not intention of going on the news and trashing our industry.  Talk about professional suicide.  Not smart.

Cindy - i am so glad to be back on Active Rain now to keep up with all of you now! That is awesome!!! Where's the link??

Posted by Naoma Doriguzzi, New Media Director (Virginia Beach) over 9 years ago

What a great experience that must have been very surreal

Lynn Meldrum

Posted by Lynn Meldrum (Lynn Meldrum with Verico Canada First Mortgage) over 9 years ago

Naoma-so glad to see you back among us!  I hope all of the issues that took you wasy have been resolved and we will see you blogging away.

Lynn-it was very cool to be in the studio.  In my long long ago past I did some reports for the Far East Network, not real estate related, so seeing how far the studio has actually come was an eye opener.

Cindy, Very cool... congrats on the success and excitement!!!

Posted by League City, TX - Worrell Team, REALTORS, GRI, CNE (RE/MAX 1st Class) over 9 years ago

Brian-it was a fun time.  Now it is back to selling real estate.

Cindy-that is awesome and there definitely isn't a better person to do the job.  Please post the link when its available! :)

Posted by Midori Miller, Digital Marketing Director (Talk 2 Midori, LLC) over 9 years ago

Cindy, Congratulations sounds like good fun work!

Posted by Maggie McFarland, Pearland Realtor, Homes for Sale in Pearland Texas (RE/MAX Pearland - Maggie McFarland) about 9 years ago

Once in a lifetime opportunity. Looks like you had a great time. Who knows when you retire from RE.

Posted by Robert L. Brown, Grand Rapids Real Estate Bellabay Realty, West Mic (www.mrbrownsellsgr.com) almost 9 years ago

Cindy you have been elevated to "extraoridinary" person since you always take the "extra" mile in personal development and protecting the pulbic.  in this instance you have stepped outside of your comfort zone to grow in another direction.  Well done.  although your experience may appear to be overwhelming, you will find new directions that serve you well in your journey in life.  p.s. you look marvelous in front of the camera and we look forward to the link on your blog.  Suggest you also include these links on your website!

Posted by Eileen Burns, FL Probate Agent, Hotel & Land Specialist (Trans State Commercial RE Ft. Lauderdale/Miami/Palm Beach) almost 9 years ago

Wow, here's a late comment!  How did I miss this!  And I was snowed in, you'd have thought I saw it before now!  You look good sitting there!

Posted by Jay Markanich, Home Inspector - servicing all Northern Virginia (Jay Markanich Real Estate Inspections, LLC) about 8 years ago

Jay-looks like I missed a few comments too :-)  My tape is no longer accessible but yours was on scene so was even better.

Posted by Cindy Jones, Pentagon, Fort Belvoir & Quantico Real Estate News (Integrity Real Estate Group) about 8 years ago

I missed this too, Cindy.  Hearty congratulations.  This is so very exciting!

Posted by Barbara Chatterton, Greater Madison Wisconsin Area Realtor (The Stark Company Realtors, Madison WI) over 7 years ago