Your Specially Prepared Cliffs Notes Guide to Northern Virginia Relocation

It doesn't matter if it is your first move or your tenth finding out that you are relocating to another part of the country always brings up questions.  Trying to find resources to help you with learning about the neighborhoods, commuting options, schools and what is there to do in the area can take hours of your time and sometimes leave you with more questions than answers.

For anyone who is looking to move to the Northern Virginia and DC area my on-line relocation guide is designed to give you an overview of what Northern Virginia has to offer and provide you with personal insight from a native of the area.  I've been in your shoes having moved a number of times as a military spouse and know what it is like to be on the prowl for "insider" information on the area.

The Northern Virginia relocation guide is Cliffs Notes version of what you can find throughout my blog.   Feel free to read the full version by clicking on any of the links that catch your attention.

Chapter I-General Information

Considering a Move to Fairfax County?
Fairfax County How Many Awards Do We Need?

Don't Like the Weather in Northern Virginia.  Wait a Day

Taking Detours While Driving Clients Around

Chapter VI-Outdoor Activities & Dining

Tee Time in Northern Virginia-A Golf Course for Everyone
Kickstands Up, Helmets On, Lets Go for a Ride
Back to Nature in Fairfax County

Northern Virginia-Diners, Dives and Delights

I hope you have enjoyed this condensed version of all that Northern Virginia and the surrounding area have to offer you.  If you find that Northern Virginia is going to be your new home this year I hope you will give me a call.  Let my knowledge of the area and my real estate experience be the winning combination that makes your transition a smooth one.

©2008. All Rights Reserved. Cindy Jones
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cindy Jones

As an Associate Broker with RE/MAX Allegiance in Northern Virginia and native of the area I can assist you whether you are buying, selling or renting a home anywhere in Northern Virginia. For more information about the area or my services you can check VaRealEstateTalk or my Northern Virginia website.

Search all homes available in the Northern Virginia area.

Comment balloon 24 commentsCindy Jones • March 01 2008 07:09AM

Comments

Cindy, Very creative way to pull together posts for those relocating to your area.
Posted by Steve Scheer, Highlands Ranch Real Estate - Denver Real Estate (Realty Oasis - Metro Brokers) over 10 years ago
Cindy, this is a great idea.  Our office has a relocation book as well.  You may have changed your title to Jones Notes!!  We're just having ours reprinted with updates.
Posted by June Piper-Brandon, Piecing Dreams One Home at a Time (The Traczyk Team at Remax New Beginnings ) over 10 years ago
Cindy, you are so smart with the Cliff Notes image. This would be cool to print out in hard copy form but it doesn't take up any paper with the Internet links. Very cool.
Posted by Gary Woltal, Assoc. Broker Realtor SFR Dallas Ft. Worth (Keller Williams Realty) over 10 years ago
Whoo!  Cindy!  You've totally covered all the bases here - no pun intended.
Posted by Patricia Kennedy, Home in the Capital (RLAH Real Estate) over 10 years ago

This is such a great tool.  I'm going to suggest this to more agents in our relocation network that this would be a great way to promote their areas and make it easy for those of us looking for agents to be able to instantly see who REALLY knows the area.

Posted by Pat Fenn (Marketing Specialist for CJ Realty Group/Cindy Jones Broker ) over 10 years ago

Cindy...What a treasure trove of information.  I would have loved to have something like this when we moved to Northern Virginia eons ago.

Cheers,

Kathleen

Posted by Kate Elim, Realtor 540-226-1964, Selling Homes & Land a (Dockside Realty) over 10 years ago
Cindy - what a fantastic idea! Bravo!!!
Posted by Billnulls Blog Florida Realty Professional, AHWD (Charles Rutenberg Realty) over 10 years ago

Wow, Cindy, this is a fabulous compilation of information for incoming transfers to your area!  It's got everything and then some.  I know that your clients are in the best possible hands.  GREAT JOB!!!!

Posted by Lisa Heindel, New Orleans Real Estate Broker (Crescent City Living LLC) over 10 years ago
Great idea of pulling some your previous posts into your Cliff Notes.
Posted by Scott Guay, Associate Broker. Ocean City and Ocean Pines MD (Berkshire Hathaway Home Services PenFed Realty) over 10 years ago

Cindy, What a clever way to condense your Relo package. Cliff Notes always worked for me..LOL!

Posted by Ginger Sala, Wilmington NC Real Estate & Relocation~ (Wilkinson & Associates, Wilmington NC) over 10 years ago
Steve-thanks seemed like a good way to put them all in the same place.
Posted by Cindy Jones, Pentagon, Fort Belvoir & Quantico Real Estate News (Integrity Real Estate Group) over 10 years ago
June-I used to send out relocation packets.  Now I can just send people to my blog for most of the same information.
Gary-didn't have to kill a single tree to pull it together.
Patricia-Thanks.  I've enjoyed putting this one together.  Now I've got to figure out the next one!
Kathleen-there have been a few moves in my life where something like this would have saved me a lot of time and headaches.
Lisa-thanks.  There is so much more that could go into this package.  I'll just have to keep going :-)
Ginger-thanks.  I'll be needing one for your area soon :-)
Cindy - I love the Cliff Notes relocation idea... that's quite creative!  Very nice job, btw.
Posted by Jesse & Kathy Clifton, Retired (Jesse Clifton & Associates, REALTORS®) over 10 years ago
This is a great relocation pkg!  I like how you seperated and categorized them into chapters.  Great info!
Posted by n d (Naoma Doriguzzi) over 10 years ago
Love it!  'Took me a while to get started, but yours was on my list for day 1.  Lots of good ideas here to inspire the rest of us!
Posted by Margaret Woda, Maryland Real Estate & Military Relocation (Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.) over 10 years ago
Naoma-Thanks of course it gave me ideas for more chapters I need to work on.
Margaret-There were loads of great ideas generated in the "contest".  Fortunately I've been so busy with clients over the last few weeks that I haven't had time to pull together much for the new military relocation contest.  Let's just say blogging is working like a charm :-)

Wow, I bookmarked your post as I will need to be back here when I have time to absob it.  Thanks for sharing!

Posted by Nancy McNamee (Keller Williams Realty) about 9 years ago

Nancy-thanks for stopping by.  This needs to be updated since it was first written.

Posted by Cindy Jones, Pentagon, Fort Belvoir & Quantico Real Estate News (Integrity Real Estate Group) about 9 years ago