Prince William County VA-Home of the Community With the Highest Crime Rate in the US

If you are a criminal looking for a community to rob then Prince William County VA has one for you to consider.  But only if you want to spend the rest of your life behind bars.

Tucked away on Quantico MCB is the little hamlet of Hogan’s Alley.  If you could drive down the street you would find a town that resembles any town US.  Houses, post office and yes a bank line the street.  Yet at any moment a robbery or shooting can take place.

Hogans Alley in Prince William County Virginia

Hogan’s Alley is part of the 10 acre training facility for new FBI agents located at the FBI Academy on the grounds of Quantico MCB in Triangle VA.  Having a father who was an FBI agent for 35 years meant tales of the crime sprees in Hogan’s Alley were always good for a story at dinner.

Hogan’s Alley was designed with the help of Hollywood set designers.  In case you think there wasn’t a little inside humor in the creation of Hogan’s Alley you would be wrong  The theater in town is called the Biograph Theater after the theater made famous during the shooting of John Dillinger in 1934 led by Melvin Purvis of the Chicago FBI office.

So the next time you hear about a bank robbery in Hogan’s Alley in Prince William County don’t worry.   It is just a new class of FBI recruits preparing to help keep the rest of the streets in the US crime free.

(Photo by Casimir from Flickr)

Comment balloon 18 commentsCindy Jones • June 27 2010 08:25AM

Comments

Very cool Cindy, I bet the stories at the dinner table were great. Have a great Sunday, I am going to be working on video skills thanks to you

Posted by Gerry Michaels, GettysburgGerry Social Meida (Glasswork Media Arts) over 8 years ago

Cindy, Hogan's Alley sounds like an interesting place.  I love the title of the post you sure got my attention.

Posted by Jennifer Fivelsdal, Mid Hudson Valley real estate connection ( JFIVE Home Realty LLC | 845-758-6842|162 Deer Run Rd Red Hook NY 12571) over 8 years ago

Great attention getting headline and wonderful unique tale.   You clearly have hyper local blogging down!

Posted by Coral Gundlach, Real Lives. Not Just Real Estate. (Compass) over 8 years ago

Cindy, I love it!  There was an old Biograph Theater in DC.  Unfortunately, it's been turned into a CVS!  That will never happen to Hogan's Alley!

Posted by Patricia Kennedy, Home in the Capital (RLAH Real Estate) over 8 years ago

What a cool place to have so close by...my hubby would go mad over this place.  fun post!

Posted by Kristin Johnston - REALTOR®, Giving Back With Each Home Sold! (RE/MAX Realty Center ) over 8 years ago

Interesting! Would be a great place to visit. By contrast, I just read that Scottsdale AZ was voted by Parenting Magazine to be the safest city in the United States.

Posted by Deanne Olivas, Your Home Matters (Keller Williams Realty East Valley) over 8 years ago

Cindy - your title definitely got me.  Sounds like an interesting place and I'm sure you must have a treasure trove full of interesting stories having had "a father who was an FBI agent for 35 years".

Posted by Lora "Leah" Stern 914-772-4528, Real Estate Salesperson (Coldwell Banker, 170 N Main Street, New City NY 10956) over 8 years ago

You had me for a second.  For the life of me I couldn't figure out why you would be blogging about crime.  Neat to know about this place.

Posted by Anne Clark (Metro Referrals) over 8 years ago

Gerry-there were plenty of strange stories and of course some of them that were never told as well.

Posted by Cindy Jones, Pentagon, Fort Belvoir & Quantico Real Estate News (Integrity Real Estate Group) over 8 years ago

Jennifer-I thought it might make a few people stop and read more.

Coral-thanks for stopping by.  Hogan's Alley isn't the usual town you will find when out driving around our area.

Pat-wonder how much they want for the end unit townhouse though?

Kristin-when I was a teenager I went to the firing range on Quantico a few times.

Kristin-I'm not sure if the  agents in the middle of training think of it as fun but it would make a great place for a surprise party.  Surprise you're under arrest :-)

Deanne-I think I would rather live in Scottsdale and I did live in Phoenix for six years.

Leah-dad had a few tales to tell.  I've got some pretty interesting Watergate stories.

Anne-a blog about real crime rates in a neighborhood would land me in serious trouble!