George Washington Didn’t Sleep at 1806 Courtland Street but You Can

Are looking for a home with loads of updates? Would you like multiple commuting options throughout Fairfax County (VA) and DC? Would you like to be close to shopping, parks and recreation? If the answer is YES then 1806 Courtland Street in Alexandria VA should be on your must see list.

Enjoy the video tour highlighting this terrific home and surrounding area.

To schedule your personal tour call Cindy Jones at 703-346-2213. Stop by our website to see more details on 1806 Courtland Street in Alexandria VA.

Comment balloon 42 commentsCindy Jones • August 30 2009 12:18PM

Comments

Looks like a really nice "historic" home.  Good luck on sales

Posted by Edward & Celia Maddox, EXPERIENCE & INTEGRITY - WE TAKE THE HIGH ROAD (The Celtic Connection Realty) about 9 years ago

Cindy:  Wow!  Were they making split levels in the time of the American Revolution?  (Just kidding.  I watched the video.) You are hilarious.  Love the whole angle.  Hope you entered Jeremy's Most Creative Listing Contest.  This is the most creative listing I've ever seen.

Posted by Chris Ann Cleland, Associate Broker, Bristow, VA (Long and Foster REALTORS®, Gainesville, VA) about 9 years ago

Cindy, very creative! How did you get all the graphics on the video? Very well done.

Posted by Beverly of Bev & Bob Meaux, Where Buying & Selling Works (Keller Williams Suburban Realty) about 9 years ago

Chris Ann-I did enter it in the contest.  The owner loved it which is the most important part! it seemed to be a different way to catch someone's attention and hope they watch it until the end to see what might pop up next.

Posted by Cindy Jones, Pentagon, Fort Belvoir & Quantico Real Estate News (Integrity Real Estate Group) about 9 years ago

Bev and Bob-the "video" is actually still photos.  The pop-ups are done with a photo editing program.

I know you had fun with this one!

Posted by Pat Fenn (Marketing Specialist for CJ Realty Group/Cindy Jones Broker ) about 9 years ago

Cindy, you did a great Job.  Your pace was perfect and loved the graphics.

Do you know the problem with AR?  You just learn something and before you know it there is something else to learn. LOL

Now you just gave us something else we have to learn.  Maybe after the contest you will share how you did it.  It would make a great blog.

Posted by Al & Peggy Cunningham, Brokers, Our Family Wants To Help Your Family! (RE/MAX West Realty Inc., Brokerage) about 9 years ago

Pat-I thought it might catch a few people off guard and even make one or two smile.

Al and Peggy-great idea.  A tutorial will be provided.

What a clever video Cindy--not only for it's creativity, but for all the tools you used. I am sure any buyer that sees it will find it hard to forget--which is, of course, the point.
Posted by Marie-Denise Kratsios (Daniel Gale Sotheby's International Realty) about 9 years ago
That was really cute. I loved your juxtaposing the past with the present . . . and somebody's future. Fun listing presentation.
Posted by Geri Sonkin, Long Island Real Estate & Staging Expert (Douglas Elliman Real Estate 516-457-7103) about 9 years ago

Narie-Denise-Thanks for the comments.  It isn't the usual "flat" presentation.  If I could figure out how to do 3-D that would be cool!

Geri-thanks.  I tried to cover the property, the surrounding area and a little humor in one show.

This is a very creative video listing, and I'm sure will bring much interest from buyers who see it. I'll look forward to your tutorial and am curious what video editing software you used to do this.
Posted by Christine Donovan, Broker/Attorney 714-319-9751 DRE01267479 - Costa M (Donovan Blatt Realty) about 9 years ago
Christine-this was done with iMac movie and Gimp two free programs! Of cours the small tutorial is only going to work for Mac users :-(

Cindy -

You already know how much we like this one.  You defintely get our vote.

Posted by Michael Bergin, Northern Virginia Real Estate (Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage - ABR - SRES ) about 9 years ago

Hi Cindy -- Nice video.  Location, location, location and Alexandria has it.  I lived off of Telegraph road back in the mid-80s.  Boy how I wish I had purchased about two dozen townhomes and rented them out back in the 1980s!  I would be retired!

Posted by Chris Olsen, Broker Owner Cleveland Ohio Real Estate (Olsen Ziegler Realty) about 9 years ago

Michael-thanks so much!  I know your connection to Mr Washington too.

Chris-this house does have location going for it!  Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?  Fortunately I do own a few properties in Alexandria (Fairlington) and they are terrific rental properties.

I like your slide show and the little graphics on it. I just wish there was actual video footage included. But it's still well done =)

Posted by Lisa Hill, Daytona Beach Real Estate (Florida Property Experts) about 9 years ago

Hi Cindy...You impressed me with your cleverness just as I'm sure you'll impress many prospective buyers.  Now you'll have us all running out buying Macs so we can be clever too.

My first sale was in Fairlington.  Brings back memories.

Good luck with the contest.

Kate

Posted by Kate Elim, Realtor 540-226-1964, Selling Homes & Land a (Dockside Realty) about 9 years ago

Nice post - good luck in the contest, I wish you luck

I particularily like the use of George Washington.

John

Posted by John Occhi, SRES,CPRES.ePRO - Temecula-Murrieta CA Real Estate (Mason Real Estate) about 9 years ago

Lisa-thank you for your comment.  I'm working towards full true video but I see so many BAD videos that until I can produce one that is professional I'll stick to the slides (with a little enhancements).

Kate-I wanted to do something that was a little outside the box for this contest.  The owner likes it and it has gotten positive comments from the buyers who have seen it.

John-thank you.  One thing I've noticed about my previous slide presentations is there isn't really a context to the surrounding area.  I thought tying it to something that historic in the area was a new twist.

Cindy...this is a great video ..love the humor. Looking forward to the tutorial on how you made the video.

Posted by Rebecca Gaujot, Realtor®, Lewisburg WV, the go to agent for all real estate (Vision Quest Realty, Martha Hilton, Broker) about 9 years ago
The video was very creative - my kids wanted to watch it with me. Congratulations on being a semi-finalist. I wish you the best of luck. Mike.
Posted by Mike & Kathleen Kelly, Hickory NC REALTORS (HICKORY REAL ESTATE GROUP) about 9 years ago

Rebecca- I happen to think in real estate we often forget about the "fun" side of selling a home.

Mike-that's terrific that your kids wanted to watch it to.  This is a terrific family home :-)

Cindy, I loved this presentation!  Sometimes, less is more.  What I mean is I didn't have to scroll down fifty times to get information.  A lot of times, if I visit a website and there is too much information, I feel overwhelmed and I quickly lose interest.  If I want more information, you give me the option to click on a link.  And the video was brilliant!  Very fun and entertaining!

Posted by Stacie Colclasure, Realtor, Bethalto, IL (Gateway Holding and Referral Company) about 9 years ago

Cindy - This is one of the most creative presentations I've ever seen.  I absolutely loved it.  You're going to make me want to buy a Mac now knowing that's how you did the editing.  Good luck in the contest!! :)

Posted by Donna Bigda, Greater New Haven CT Real Estate (RE/MAX Alliance) about 9 years ago

This is soo fun - engaging, and interesting. I hope you sell it fast - I bet the new owners will use the video to tell people they have moved!!

Posted by Dawn Maloney, 330-990-4236 Hudson & Northeastern Ohio (RE/MAX Haven - Northeast Ohio Real Estate Specialist) about 9 years ago

Cindy, You did a really great job with this video! You're very creative, I love it!

Posted by Jen Bowman, Realtor - Anna Maria Island & Bradenton FL (Keller Williams on the Water) about 9 years ago

this is way cute and very innovative... I love the pop up stuff! let me know when you teach us how to do this! thanks

Posted by Debra Leisek ( Bay Realty,Inc Homer Alaska) about 9 years ago

I do hope to see the tutorial when it comes around. I'm subscribing in hopes I don't miss it :)

Posted by Stephen Kappre, Helping You Home (KW Hometown) about 9 years ago

Stacey-thanks I just wanted to do something that showed the home, the surrounding area and added a touch of humor on top of it.

Donna-thanks sometimes a girl just wants to have fun!

Dawn-already had one offer so hope more will be coming soon.

Debra-will do.

Steve-thanks I'll try and get it out soon.  I have new clients in from out of town so am off and running for a few days.

Now this is truly a clever way to promote a property.  I haven't worked with video (not so sure people want to hear my country voice on a presentation) but I do like the idea!  It seems like that definitely took a fair amount of time to put together.  I hope the sale is quick!  :)

Chanda panda

Posted by Chanda Barrick, in referral (Keller Williams Indy Metro Northeast) about 9 years ago

Chanda-thanks the script was fun to write and seemed to come together fairly easy.