Wordless Wednesday-Get Out Your Butter Churn

I ran across this field of buttercups on Fort Belvoir while headed to an appointment.  They reminded me of when we used to pick them as children and it was a make you smile moment.

Field of Butercups on Fort Belvoir

©Cindy Jones 2009  If you would like to use this image, just drop me an email with your request.  A link back or acknowledgement would be nice!

Comment balloon 19 commentsCindy Jones • June 17 2009 08:20PM

Comments

I am smiling.  Did the same thing as a child.

You did stop and smell  the buttercups.

Good  for YOU.

Ginger

Posted by Ginger Harper, Your Southport~Oak Island Agent~Brunswick County! (Coldwell Banker Sea Coast Advantage) over 9 years ago

I to am smiling. Thanks for the great photo. Warmed me up real good.

Posted by Terry Miller, Miller Homes Group and Tyler Apartment Locator (Miller Homes Group) over 9 years ago

Buttercups and daisys always bring a smile to my face too -  thanks for a lovely photo.

Posted by Susan Emo, Kingston and the 1000 Islands Area (Sotheby's International Realty Canada - Brokerage) over 9 years ago

These are some of my favorites!  Thanks for sharing a great shot!

Posted by Lisa Wetzel, CDPE, SFR carsonvalleyland.com (RE/MAX Realty Affiliates) over 9 years ago

After seeing your photo it brought back memories of holding them under each other's chins but I can't for the life of me remember why.  Hmmm, maybe I'm imagining things.

Posted by Jenny Kotulak, Broker - Oakville Ontario Real Estate (RE/MAX Real Estate Centre Inc., Brokerage) over 9 years ago

Cindy,

Oh your photo brings back fond memories! We use to hold them under our chins and make a wish! You aren't imagining things Jenny!

Posted by Dorie Dillard CRS GRI ABR, Serving Buyers & Sellers in NW Austin Real Estate (Coldwell Banker United Realtors® ~ 512.750.6899) over 9 years ago

I didn't realize that buttercups have a fragrance. They don't grow in CA Bay Area, where I'm from. And I've never noticed them in CO...where I am now. What we get are major amounts of mustard. And mustard does smell. Some like it and some don't. It's unusual.

Posted by Marianne Snygg, ABR, ASP, GRI, SFR (ERA Herman Group Real Estate) over 9 years ago

Buttercups fill our woods in the spring in Pennsylvania.  love them there something about them that make you smile.  When I was a kid we would pick them put them under someones chin..if it reflect yellow ( and it usually did )  that meant they likes butter.   Thanks for the nice memories

Posted by June Lewis, Realtor Northwood Realty - New Castle,Pa Lawrence Co 7247304571 (Northwood Realty Services) over 9 years ago

What a great looking photo that takes me back in time!  Thanks for sharing.

Posted by Jim Crawford, Jim Crawford Atlanta Best Listing Agents & REALTOR (Crye-Leike REALTORS®) over 9 years ago

A pretty picture and I haven't seen butter cups gowning wild forever, nice to know they still exist.

Posted by Mary Strang over 9 years ago

Cindy,

Makes me want to hold one under my chin. Jenny is NOT imaging this - it was a highly scientific way to see if someone liked butter. If there was a yellow reflection under your chin, you liked butter...

Posted by Irene Kennedy Realtor® in Northwestern NJ (Weichert) over 9 years ago

Cindy,

We have alot of buttercups here too! they are beautiful this time of year! My Kids also pick them! wonderful memories. Thank You for sharing the beatiful photo! Have a wonderful week!

Judy

Posted by Judy Schneider (eXp Realty) over 9 years ago

Ginger-I stopped, parked my car and picked a buttercup.  It brought back so many fun memories.

Terry-glad to bring a smile to your face.

Posted by Cindy Jones, Pentagon, Fort Belvoir & Quantico Real Estate News (Integrity Real Estate Group) over 9 years ago

Susan-you are so right.  Must be the yellow color.

Lisa-thanks for stopping by and enjoying the flowers.

Jenny-know you aren't imagining things.  It was to figure out whether we liked butter or not.  Who came up with that silly game?

Dorrie-none of us have gone so far over the edge that we don't remember the little buttercup game.

Marianne-I'm don't think they do, or at least nothing distinguisable.  One of my favorite photos in my house is a wildflower scene from CO.

June-when I ran across this patch of buttercups it was the first time I had seen them in awhile.  I just wanted to lie down in the middle of them and stare at the blue sky.

Jim-glad you were able to take a little trip down memory lane.

Mary-I am too!

Irene-there must be a generation of "girls" who remember holding buttercups under our chin.

Judy-glad you enjoyed the photo.  Enjoy your week and weekend.

ToulaRosebrock,com

Hi Cindy:

This photo brough back memories for me.

I used to pick them also...

We rarely see sites like that anymore around here in NJ.

A field like that, is now a parking lot.

Posted by Toula Rosebrock, Broker/Sales Associate, Realtor, Lacey Township, (Diane Turton, Realtors, Forked River, NJ) over 9 years ago